Trimmers.

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by J Dawg, Aug 13, 2011.

1. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

Is there a big price difference? I want it at a max of $350.

2. mowandblow1980

mowandblow1980 LawnSite Member

Not sure. If there is a price differance it shouldnt be by much. I'll try to find out but it'll be a couple days. I'm about to take a mini vacation.

3. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

Hey thanks! That would be awesome!

Have fun on vacation! :)

4. mowandblow1980

mowandblow1980 LawnSite Member

Thanks! Taking my 3 year old daughter to Hershey Park. Leaving tomorrow. I'll def check it out for you though

5. s hack

s hack LawnSite Member

I used to sell power equipment and have used many different types in my business but for the money the husqvarna 323l that is sold at lowes is a very good trimmer very lightweight and powerful I think it has a 26cc engine runs about 249.00

6. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I would take a look at Kawasaki. I am going to buy a trimmer from them to replace a Stihl that is on its last life.

You did say you have a good dealer so maybe consider that. Have you put them to the test with a warranty repair though? Dealers seem really nice when you are buying equipment and get lucky and do not have any major problems.

7. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

Thanks Will P.C., I take a look at kawasaki. As far as the dealer goes, just bought an edger (Husqvarna 125e) from them and a part broke on it and they replaced it for no charge. I think they will honor warrenties and such. However I have heard that is a problem so I will keep an eye out for that. ;) Thanks for the concern :)

8. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Mine has been great to me.

9. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Redmax always for trimmers and backpacks

10. michiganmower10

michiganmower10 LawnSite Member

the shindaiwa is a good choice in my opinion, the 242 is well balanced and very durable, the one we've got is going on 6 yrs old and no major work at all and the speed feed head makes it so easy to use, acording to the shindaiwa website the 242's msrp is 299.99