Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by J Dawg, Aug 13, 2011.

1. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Anything ECHO hands down.
  2. porscheman2944

porscheman2944 LawnSite Member

I use Marayama and Stihl the Marayamas I bought because they come with a 5yr commercial warranty I have only had one problem and I think it was from a helper using it, but they fixed it anyway no cost. so I have gotten 3 years out of it. like most will tell you, you will get 100's of different answers because everyone has had different experiences and it is ususally the last bad experience they remember. just buy from a reputable dealer that has good standing in your area and you should be fine.
  3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Echo Srm 265 semms like a nice trimmer i use a 261 and it is great..maybe my next trimmer:gunsfirin
  4. grasscutter24

grasscutter24 LawnSite Member

I used to run all Echo trimmers and blowers. The older ones were great, but something happened with the quality over the last 2 years. I will never buy Echo again! Tried Redmax love the blowers and the trimmers were great too until I started having carb problems with them! It was in the shop three different times the first year I had it:nono:. Going to try Kawasaki next for trimmers. But, will stick with the Redmax blowers for now.
  5. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I would recommend I have the 25cc model. I absolutely love this trimmer. Its 4 stroke with oil injection so you can run the trimmer upside down without a problem. It hardly uses fuel. I fill it twice a day if I am running it a lot, but normally its once a day. No mixing fuels, starts first full most of the time. The only thing is that you don't want it to sit upside down while its off because the oil will go to the head, but the dealer says the motor will run for 1000 hrs with no problem. The first maintenance on it is at 250 hrs for a valve adjustment, but he said he doubts if I will ever need to have it done. The 25cc trimmer has way more power than a fs 90 and its super quiet. The 25cc is right at $350. I got speed feed on it. This trimmer should last no less than 5 years for me. I am expecting about 10. It runs super cool too on hot days.