1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by growinandmowin, Mar 21, 2004.

1. growinandmowin

growinandmowin LawnSite Member

ive been using redmax and echo for quite some time now. i just got a gift certificate from lowes and am debating on buying a troy built trimmer to add to my fleet. any input appreciated.

2. premier lawn care

premier lawn care LawnSite Member
    from Tx

Not a prof. piece! I would stick to RedMax and use the gift cert. for mulch or something like that.

3. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Hmmm actually, my brother bought one of them last summer, because of some sale they had. I wouldn't buy 1, but he likes his, but doesn't use it much ......pure homeowner (him)
    (he likes changing the diff. attachments.lol)

4. growinandmowin

growinandmowin LawnSite Member

thats what caught my eye. the straight shaft interchangeable attachments.

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

If you are going to be using it only periodically, I dont see it as a problem. I think you will have issues with it if you intend to use it as a primary piece of equipment. I know the two statements I just made are redundant, but I'm bored.

6. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

He does like his. Know he has the pole saw, and 2 or 3 other attachments (got a deal with the additional attachments)

He told me last week what he gave for it. (can't remember) He might use it 10 hours this year (and prob. used it 2 hours last season) Does run good, and did start right up this season (did smoke alittle......little 2-stroke joke.....)
    You might like another brand better in the long run, but maybe not.