Trimmertrap question (BR-1)?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fairwayCuts, Jan 17, 2005.

1. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

For christmas I got a few trimmertrap racks and finally started mounting them today. The TT-2 went on nicely and every thing worked out. I also got the BR-1, the single blower rack, but it just doesn't seem it works that well. First, it just seems like it's too low. The big issue though, is once you have the blower on the rack, what the heck do you do with the blower arm ;) ? I tried positioning it in a bunch of different ways, and nothing seems to work. Either the hose will kink, or it's laying in the middle of the trailer in the way of my mwers. What do you guys do about this, or do you use some diffrent setup?

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I mounted my blower and the drivers side front of the trailer about 1 foot from the edge. The tube for the blower rest right on the top edge of the trailer off the floor and i use a bungee cord to keep it there. I have seen on a web site some where that uses a large piece of pvc pipe glued or mounted to the top edge of the trailer for the tube to slide in also

3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Heres an idea for that problem. Cut a 3" pvc pipe and mount it on the trailer rail about a third of the way of where the blower nozzle will fall. before you put the blower in the BR-1 slide the nozzle into the pipe. This will hold it a good safe place and keep it from being run over or falling off the trailer.

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmer Trap has a lot of tips on their site for mounting a variety of things.

5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

As for the BR-1 being too short, you could be putting the wrong blower on it. Its been a while since I bought mine, but I think there was one brand on blower that required a different rack. . . might want to check into it.

6. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

The BR-1 Should fit most blowers. The ST-1 is for the Stihl blowers which we have and is the only specific rack they make for the blower.

7. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

I ran into the same thing with my old racks. I used a bungee to secure the tube to my trimmer rack but if that isn't close you could bungee it to the side of the trailer or work someting out on the deck of the trailer. Good Luck!

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

The instructions for the blower rack say to use a 3" pvc coupler for the blower tube, thats how I did mine. But for the most part the TT blower rack is just a pita and my back packs end up in the back of the truck. Don't get me wrong the rest of their racks are nice but they need to redesign the blower racks.

9. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't get any instructions when I bought mine and then had to buy an additional adapter just so my Echo bp would even hang on the rack. The adapter is, imho, a cheezy piece of junk. As to the rack itself, it works ok, but it is difficult to get the blower (w/ the required adapter) off the support hook while holding the latch? down. The rack for the Stiel blowers seem to be a better design and easier to use. Other TT racks seem pretty good.

As to what to do with the tube, I attached a heavy rubber tie down (24"?) to the rack. The one 'S' hook went through the hole at one end of the cross piece that supports the back pad and wraps around the blower and the tube (with the tube in a vertical position), hooking into the hole on the opposite end of the cross support piece. I crimped one 'S' hook tight enough it won't come loose and fall out of the hole, while the other end can be easily unhooked to remove the blower and tube.

This also tie down also secures the backpack itself to the rack, eliminating the swinging back and forth, and beating the unit to pieces.

Long winded, but I hope it makes sense and is of help.

Jim

10. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the ideas! What I ended up doing... I mounted the rack near the back of the trailer. Its on the same side as the trimmer rack, about 2 or three feet from it. I realized I could just rest the arm on the outside side of the trimmer rack and it wolud hold it into place well. Thanks again though :)