1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimmertrap: Trimmer Rack and Blower Rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowHouston, Jul 18, 2008.

1. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone recently bought a TT1 and/or a BR1 racks from TrimmerTrap.

After getting my blower stolen today I'm hunting for pricing on racks like crazy.

Called Trimmertrap and they are closed for the whole weekend and no prices on their website. :hammerhead: Bad approach at e-commerce if you ask me.

Anyhow, anyone have some prices available?

Secondly, anyone have any other recommendations? Looking to get a trimmer rack and blower rack FAST.
  2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Guy on ebay sells a small two pole Grid Iron kit. Three trimmer, one blower mount. I bought two of them about a year ago, so I could have two dedicated blower racks. I have never even mounted the trimmer rack, but I love the blower rack.

I have a Trimmer Trap TT2 Pro4. I got it from Russo Power. If I can find a catalog, I'll let you know what their prices are in there.

I did a quick search.

Here is Russo's ebay site. They have the BR-1 listed http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbrocco6510QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ32QQfsooZ2QQrdZ0
  3. jrsmower

jrsmower LawnSite Member

check ot commercial direct.. I"ve ordered three times from them.. all orders over 50$ include free shipping.. I've ordered 2 sets of Jungle Jim racks and single blower racks... I know you mentioned Trimmer Trap but I've used many types of racks and Jungle Jim's are by far the easiest to use.. Especially the new ones.. You can take off a weed eater 1 at a time and unlike the trimmer trap you can just leave it setting there on the rack.. You have to lock the trimmer trap everytime. And damn that gets annoying, my buddy has them and I just put my weed eater in the bed of the truck.. I HATE THEM LOL..

4. MowHouston

Thanks I'll check it out.

I'm not partial to just Trimmer Trap. I'm open to whatever you guys suggest. I'll check em all out one by one.

I do want to lock my stuff every time. I would like something that locks and unlocks quickly. This is Houston man... I just don't feel like I can leave anything unsecured anymore. I should have known better before it happened like it did today.

Locking, preferably fast locking, is a must from now on.

I'm still open for more suggestions fellas.

Thanks again.
  5. MowHouston

Awesome, thanks. Probably could have found it if I googled it a bit more. Just been a long day. Thanks again.
  6. jrsmower

jrsmower LawnSite Member

the Jungle Jim's are perfect i think... there is a spring loaded "finger" that holds the motor end of the trimmer down at all times then there is a 1/4" plate that swings around and won't let the "fingers" lift up at all... 1 lock secures is..

Compared to locking each indivudal trimmer with the trimmer trap and you have to lock it when traveling to each yard while the JJ the finger holds it down..... + the trimmer trap rubs handles up bad..
  7. cant go wrong with this they have some grat kits. We use this on all of our trailers and i am trying to figure out how to add it to our landscape truck
  8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not too familiar with JJ's newer stuff. I had one Gear Caddy racks on my last trailer. I was never very happy with it. The trimmers turned to the carb side almost as soon as you moved the trailer. Another thing was that I had trimmers "jump" out on a couple of occasions when someone forgot to close the lock bar. That was why I went with the Trimmer Trap on this trailer. You don't have to lock each individual trimmer on the TT-2. You slide the latch bar up and any of the trimmers can be removed. The latch is spring loaded, so you can't forget to put it back.

But it looks like the JJ's current crop would work fine.
  9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I've got the Trimmer Trap TT2 pro4 trimmer rack. It only takes one lock, one hand to use. I have a Jungle Jims blower rack for my PB750. It hangs the blower inside the trailer rails.
    As far as prices on the web, they don't usually sell direct but I think they should post MSRP so you can get an idea about the cost. Tony
  10. MowHouston

Yeah. I think I'm going to just get both Jungle Jim's for the racks. I liked the TT1 from Trimmer Trap but the Jungle Jim rack is kinda the same thing as far as how it operates. Commercial direct has them both for a pretty darn good price too.

Either way I have to mount them on my Ranger rather than a trailer.