TrimmerTrap WB blade blocker owners, speak up.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Aug 4, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I'd like to hear from anyone that owns the Blade Blocker for walk behind mowers from Trimmer Trap.

I remember one member complaining about his when he got it, but I don't remember seeing much else about them.

Anyone?. Thanks.
  2. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

That would be me. Arghhh! What a headache that thing was. Needed much more development before the marketing was done. Kinda like an erector set when you get it. To mount the control to the handle area you kinda get 2 strips of aluminum that you must bend until it kinda works.....kinda being the key term. Not to bash a company but I think you would be better to invest your money elsewhere.
  3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Unfortunately, with EZ Chute disappearing, there really isn't anything else out there for walk behinds right now (W.E.Chapps doesn't count because there price is ridiculous, plus I don't really like the design).

Qwikchute says they are working on WB designs, but that could be quite a while away yet.

I've seen some real nice homemade designs, but I just didn't want to bother with making one myself.

It kind of amazes me that there aren't more options, (and better options) on the market for us walk behind users already.

Oh well, guess it's time to get handy.

Thanks for the input.