1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trimming around screen rooms???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SWFLawns, Mar 16, 2009.

1. SWFLawns

SWFLawns LawnSite Member

Having a hard time weed eating around screen rooms when the screen runs all the way to the ground and the grass goes all the way to the screen.
    There must be a technique for this that I haven't tried, no? I don't want to replace a bunch of screens so if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.
  2. Green Machine Mowing

Green Machine Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

you could spray and kill the grass about an inch out from the screen, then with the trimmer you could just tapper down to the dead grass
  3. SWFLawns

SWFLawns LawnSite Member

Thought about that. I don't know how my customers would take the strip of dead grass.....

Thanks for the response.
  4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

A piece of luan cut the long way about 8" high as a backer. I havent done that but i know people who have.
  5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

this is what i do also, just a thin spray line with roundup and i think it gives it a real neat look. remember, just spray 1/2 inch to 1 inch width along the screening. any bigger then it will look bad and the home owner will probably complain. :drinkup:
  6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Excellent idea. Will give that a try for sure.

7. SWFLawns

SWFLawns LawnSite Member

It is a great idea and we will be giving it a try. :cool2:
  8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

No Problem.