1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trimming fences

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kyfireman2004, Mar 14, 2008.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

We don't have anything quite that long---but I feel comfortable walking along at normal/fast speed and trimming post and board fencing so my guesstimate would be under 3/4 hour, close to 30 minutes.
  2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

RoundUp!! Thats a a$$ load of fence!!
  3. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

is that your estimated time for both sides of the fence?
  4. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

It should just take you a few seconds per section. Maybe a hour both sides
  5. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with the roundup method. You can spray and ride with a pump up sprayer and a 5 gal bucket with lid as a refill strapped to you mower. Just don't spill it!!!! I do this on all my residential fences. You can use halite and water to go cheaper .
  6. Chris "Greenville"

Chris "Greenville" LawnSite Member

Are saying to spray grass killer along the fence instaed of trimming? I never thought of that. Have you had any complaints?
  7. njones

njones LawnSite Member

checkout this trim for a fence its call 4mtrimmers
  8. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

No complaints. just be careful with the stuff. a thin line of roundup will kill about 3-4 inches wide of a path under the fence . careful aim will give you a straight line. You may be able to mow right up against the fence board and get a clean look with no trimming. I have an acre prop. that i use rouldup to edge around trees and buildings so I have very little trimming
  9. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member