Trimming Goosegrass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K & K Mowing, Aug 7, 2012.

1. K & K Mowing

K & K Mowing LawnSite Member

Need to find a line that will cut Goosegrass. Currently using the Husky line on their 323L. All it does is shread it for the most part. It's like cuting a nylon line with nylon line. Any suggestings on the best line to use to cut this Goosgrass would be much appreciated. The rain this summer here has realy brought the goosegrass and crabgrass on. Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards, Kevin:usflag:

2. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have trouble with taller goose grass with my gators line from Oregon. Then again I can't wait to use it all up and go to something else.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I've never had any trouble cutting goosegrass or crabgrass with Oregon Gator Magnum line, the version with the Aramid line running through it. The square type eats through that stuff with ease. though lots of folks around me this year have both types of those weeds coming in heavy now, I haven't had to deal with it as much yet this year on my properties, but so far, Echo Crossfire is doing a good job with all the little cutting edges it has.

BTW-
    Both goosegrass and crabgrass cut easier when you keep your trimmer at, or near WOT

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm just using plain round .080" on my Kawasaki and it's going through both crab and goose. I just got a spool of .080" Echo Crossfire in today and I'll be using that for the rest of the year.

5. K & K Mowing

K & K Mowing LawnSite Member

Thanks for the responses! Looks like I need to change brands of line.

Regards, Kevin:usflag: