trimming juniper

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by pdenney11, Apr 19, 2008.

1. pdenney11

pdenney11 LawnSite Senior Member

Customer wants me to trim a Juniper. She said she wants a lot taken off of it. I would just like to know what a safe amount would be to take off, and if this is a good time to trim it?
    Thanks

2. tilawn

tilawn LawnSite Member

it should be fine to trim it now depending on what type juniper depends on how much you can take off it. but normally you can take quite a bit on junipers

3. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Just remember, you will not get new growth on old wood, so if you trim off lots of green and leave old wood showing it will be a long time before it looks good again.

4. Edwardsville IL.PLS

Edwardsville IL.PLS LawnSite Member

The sky is the limit. I've trimmed them year round and sometimes to the ground and never killed one , they're just too agressive to kill or harm . I can't stand junipers, I had one at my old house and wanted to get rid of it so I poured about a gallon of roundup on it and the sucker just never died. I think you would probably have to pull the root ball out of the ground to kill it. And the bad thing is I have to go to one of my accounts and trim about 6 of them this Monday. Oh well it's money. Good luck to you!

5. cspaugh

cspaugh LawnSite Member

:confused::nono:"poured about a gallon of roundup on it" quote from above. Way to go Edwardsville, that is some real sound practices you are using.:hammerhead::hammerhead: Bet it did lots of justice to your soil as well. That is just stupid.:hammerhead::hammerhead:

6. Edwardsville IL.PLS

Edwardsville IL.PLS LawnSite Member

Don't worry about my soil and my practices there all just fine. Just ask my customers.

7. cspaugh

cspaugh LawnSite Member

Im not worried about them just concerned, I dont need to ask your clients, you layed them out there in plain english. Good luck with that.:waving:

8. tilawn

tilawn LawnSite Member

doesnt matter how much Round Up he put on there Round Up WILL NOT contaminate the soil to any extent.

9. vbmike

vbmike LawnSite Member

Aint that the pot calling the kettle black!

10. cspaugh

cspaugh LawnSite Member

To be the pot calling the kettle black.......that would mean I do the same thing but call others out on it, so I am not the pot, simple.....so go stick your head in the sand before i piss all over your black kettle :hammerhead:......have a nice day :waving: and dont forget to put a gallon of roundup on that shrub :nono: im finished responding to this thread, waste of my time to argue with people who dont know how to use products as labeled. hell kill the whole ecosystem idiots:hammerhead::nono::dizzy: