Trimming Nightmare

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Sep 20, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've got a restaurant that use to take 2 men 1 hour to cut. Big mower, 21" mower and trimming. Its a long story, but the county made them beautify the area. They planted over 300 trees and shrubs with out concern of the existing plants. Its a mess! It now takes 2 men 1.5 hours to cut. 25% big mower, 25% 21" mower and 50% trimming. I did raise the price 50%.
  2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I would raise the price too! I've got a lawn with 25 or so and I thought that was bad! Why did the county make them "beautify" it? It was already beautiful after you got done mowin' it! Keep up the good work.

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

ooh ooh ooh .... bushes i like bushes they cost more to maintain than grass just not as often ,but not everyone can trim bushes correctly..........raise your price to compliment the extra time it take to mow and for the SPECIALIZED service of the bushes and trees.
  4. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Probably looked great on the blueprints. I bet the office boy who made them never actually visited the jobsite.
  5. I have a commercial job three years the customer this year put in shrubs circled with mulch and thought the price should go down 'cuz of less mowing. LOL! He was lucky the price didn't go UP!