Trimming Palm Trees?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lawnworks, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I live in GA, so we don't have very many palm trees, but I picked up an account that has some. How do I trim these trees? When do I trim them? I have already tried the search function.

Thanks
    Rick

2. Lance Takara

Lance Takara LawnSite Member

What kind of palm trees?

3. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    who better to ask, I live in sunny Ca. We trim hundred of palms here. Get out your 24" curved Corona saw and get as close as you can to the trunk of the palm and cut in a downward motion. It is important to use a sharp saw. Start at the bottom and work your way up the palm, you can leave as little as 4 rows on the palm without hurting the tree. They hold up really well. You can cut as needed to keep a well maintained look. Thats my advice.

Ramirez Landscaping Co.:blob3:

4. tlcservices

tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl

it depends on what kind.you supposed to trim brown fronds only.contiual trimming of green fronds and you will end up with a pencil point looking palm.look in the UF web site

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

We use Echo Aggressors. I don't think they make them anymore though. You might try calling around to different Echo dealers and see if they still have one. We bought one at the end of 2000, the distributor still had a few. It was an SRS2400, the other one is a SRS2100. We've had that one for about 9 years.