1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trimming some hollys

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Stafford Landscaping, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Stafford Landscaping

Stafford Landscaping LawnSite Member

This is my helper trimming some Holly's today. This is one of my year long contract jobs. The owner came out to give some Christmas cards to me and my helper and in each card was a nice crisp one hundred dollar bill I thought my helpers mouth was going to hit the ground.

trimming1.jpg

trimming2.jpg

2. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice bonus!

Where in NC are you?

I hate trimming bushes that big, everytime I do them that size I wish for some kind of machine with a bucket on it like the power company uses so I can trim without standing on a ladder.

3. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Very smooth work. Nice to hear about your tip. What brand of trimmer are you using? Merry Christmas.

4. Stafford Landscaping

I'm up here in Taylorsville

5. Stafford Landscaping

I have a stihl hand trimmer but the one that my helpers using is fs85 trimmer with a hedge trimmer attachment on it

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Nice job but maybe a new latter next year?

7. Stafford Landscaping

You noticed hu. That's definitely on the agenda for next year.

8. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I know what you mean with the Christmas "bonus" I got $50 from a old lady for Christmas last year, plus a box of chocolates. She is always the lady that offers me pop, or other things like that. Very good customer. She does talk too much sometimes, wanting to visit for a long time, so I always find time to stop by when I am not on a schedule and have time. Also looks like you have a very good helper.

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice work, I need to get a hedge trimming attachment for my string strimmer so i can reach taller hedges.

10. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

That second pic looks a little scary, what with the lean and all. :dancing: