Trimstar Hydro ?'s

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jameson, Aug 14, 2006.

1. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I have been shopping around the past few months for a new mower and the Trimstar Hydro is one of the units that has caught my attention. I have a couple of pre-demo ?'s.

1. Do you plan on offering anything larger that a 48" in the near future?
    2. Does the 48" come w/an hour meter?
    3. Do you plan on offering electric start in the near future on the 48"?

Thanks in advance.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

1) Not in the near future, but it is in our list of things we would like to do.
    2) Yes it does, all of our commercial products come with a hour meter.
    3) Same as # 1 at this time.

You really should demo the TrimStar, it is a very smooth and great cutting mower, you will be amazed at how easy it is to operate and how much fun a WB mower can be.

Pj

3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Pj

Here is my situation -

I need a hydro 48" or 52". As stated earlier I have NOT demoed the Trimstar as of yet (although a buddy of mine is raving about the H-bar). I did however email the closest Hustler dealer (35 miles AWAY) - he gave me a smokin' price for the Trimstar 48" Hydro - catcher - mulch kit - Velke - its a great price - eXmark (other option) doesnt even come close. I am not usually a price shopper - but I am really groovin' on the Hustler.

The problem is the nearest dealer is 65-70 (Sumner Lawn and Saw -great bunch of guys BTW) miles away round trip. That ain't gonna happen but - I have a mower repair shop minutes away that deal with the distributor of Huslters (this little shop will not sell me one because they would have to order 3 of them to make my sale - Ma and Pa Kettle kinda shop). They say that parts is not going to be a problem - OK, but what about warranty issues that may arise - would they be authorized to fix those issues - even though I did not purchase the mower there? I dunno.

BTW - Hustler really, really needs to begin carving out a niche in the Seattle metro area! WE NEED A DEALER!

Thanx in advance.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

A dealer has to be a Hustler dealer to sell Hustler parts and do warranty work.
    We are adding a lot of dealers in your area, we picked up a new distributor there a year ago and they are setting up dealers all the time.
    E-mail me and I will get your information to our regional rep and he can help you with more information and let you know what is going on with dealers in your area.

Pj