triple blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vandora Lawn & Landscape, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious if anyone has tried it.
  2. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

Bill Craig
  3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL...I can't wait to hear if someone really has!
  4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Been there....done that! LOL. talk about scalp city, heh heh.
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

So you are really going to drag this out of me I see. :)

Yes, last fall I put on 2 sets of Gators and 1 set of mulchers along with a set of Magic Mulchers one day when the leaves had just dropped big time. If you don't have a diesel, I would not recommend this, since it takes a lot of torque to keep them going. :)

I only ran them one thursday which is the day that we do 4 lawns out in an area that is all woods. The leaves were so deep in areas that the deck was pushing them with the deck raised up to 5" high. It took one pass with this and two times over with the other mower with doubles to turn these leaves to dust.

The third blade that I used was a set of 50" Gators, so they were not as long. The rest of the season, I use doubles plus the Magic Mulchers which is like having tripples on and what I used that one day was like quads.

I do not recommend trying this though, since anything over one set of blades could be asking for trouble. I have run doubles for over 12 years and it was time to try more, but I have pretty much figured out my spindles were plenty heavy duty enough to try this. I also had long enough bolts and my lawns have nothing in them to hit to hurt this set up.

When you use doubles guys and gals, be sure to be safe. :)

The blades and magic mulchers can be seen on my double blade page if you do not know what I'm talking about.
  6. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I was sharpening my blades today and I use an old (slightly) bent blade bolt to carry my old blades around, and I was just thinking.... hmmm turbine effect.
  7. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

Cullen, glad to see I'm not the only one who at least thought of that!