1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Triple Crown Trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I'm looking at possibly buying a Triple Crown low profile dump/equipment trailer. I've settled on the 12 footer. The pricing on them is better than what I can get a Bri-mar or E-Z Dumper, etc/ but I've never heard of them and am looking for Triple Crown trailer owners (even if you don't have the dump model) to comment on construction quality etc.

They're made in Florida and mostly sold in the south, but the owner's son has a trailer shop in my town here in CT.

Thanks in advance.

2. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a 16x6 triple crown a couple of years ago. It is a reqular drop gate trailer, so far I am really pleased with it. I have not had any welds break on it or any structure problems. It tracks great and pulls really easy. I would reccomend that you buy it if the price is right.
  3. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a Tripple Crown trailer in Hudson Fl several years ago and was very pleased. I would recommend buying the trailer if the price is right.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

hey darryl, have you ever been to troys trailer service in farmington? i bought a 6 by 10 udump made in ocala florida from him for about $3,500. he has a lot of selection to choose from.
  5. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

I live about 20 miles from Ocala , Florida where Triple Crown's are made. Every other LCO in this area drags them behind them, I just purchased a 6x12 Single axle #3500 GWR for 895.00 I am pleased with the product.

Dan the lawn care man
  6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Guys - Thanks for the replies. Trailers are expensive around here (paid $1,300 for my single axle 6 x 12).

Dan - No I haven't been to Farmington. Maybe I'll run up there if I get the time. I need something to haul my tractor in (no I'm not a scrub with a lawn tractor):) and I need something that dumps.

Their dump trailer looks to be made well, but the weight distribution system to the tongue is a bit different than I've seen. No big beam.

I'll shop around a little more, since he wants $4,400 for it, which is still a fair chunk of change. They're throwing in a new HD hitch since mine is only 6,000 capacity. I've got a 12,000 rated step bumber, but it's so darn high I've never used it. Like I said, the trailer shop is right in my town so service should be a snap if anything goes wrong with it.

Thanks again.