triple cut moist grass.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Jun 2, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I had to basicly triple cut a lawn today. 1st cut was a 45*. 2nd was a 45* oppisite direction. reason i had to cut again was where some of my lines met grass was laying down. looked bad so i cut a 3rd straight down. looks wonderful now. tobad i had to do so much work. But thats why people like me. i dont leave a job messy.

2. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Been there...doing that. It sucks but witha ll the rain, just hangin there till it dries!

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, been there done that, just can not leave the job like all the others around me. I have bit the bullit and took more time to make the lawn look nice. Do quality work and it will always pay off for you.

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

been stuck doing that a lot this spring. at least i leave feeling good about the job, and i'm sure the customer is pleased too

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Whatever it takes to get it right. Just a hint, I don't know what you're (Chevdrp) cutting with, but I've found that with Exmark decks, if I do a 45 from the previous cut, rather than going directly across it, the clippings seem to disperse better. Just an observation.