Triple Threat?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by nbizati, Jun 22, 2006.

1. nbizati

nbizati LawnSite Member

Anyone using triple threat herbicide from total solutions? I just got a 55 gal drum and was wondering if it would be fine to spray for weeds during this time of year with out stressing the turf too much.:usflag:

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I use Triplet, probably the same thing. if its not too hot and dry you can spray. this time of year I just spot treat unless its a new customer with a yard-full of weeds.

3. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

What is in triple threat?

4. nbizati

nbizati LawnSite Member

Its a post emergent herbicide. It combines the ingredients MCPP, 2, 4-D and 2, 4-DP.:waving:

5. philly4152

philly4152 LawnSite Member

sounds good let me know how it does.

6. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

Hope one of these people still access this site. How did it work? My friend just gave me a gallon of this to use on a centipede yard. I noticed it contains chemicals that aren't exactly centipede friendly from what i understand. BUT on the label it mentions lots of thing not to spray it on, and never once did it say not to spray it on centipede. What is the verdict one this ?

7. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

I just found a label that matches this product's name and active ingredients but in slightly smaller amonts than the company lists on its own web site (where link to label does not work).
    NEWLY SEEDED LAWNS may be treated after they have been mowed at least
    3 times. BENT, RED FESCUE, CENTIPEDE AND CARPET GRASSES: Use onehalf
    the recommended rate (2 teaspoons of product per gallon of water covers
    200 sq. ft.). Make 2 applications 10 days apart. Do not apply to Dichondra,
    Lippia, St. Augustine and Clover lawns.

8. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

I saw the seeded lawn and i just looked over it because it didn't apply but the answer lied with in!! LoL... Guess i need to read the FULL label. Now i just have to find a thread about temperature.. Since it is in the mid to high 90's everyday.

9. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Before I bought a 55 gal drum of anything I would know when and where I could use it.