Triple your Flyer Response w/Ethnic Name/Wong's Lawncare

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

We have areas and neighborhoods that are predominately Asian or Polish or Italian or Irish etc....

I have found that using different flyer's for each of these areas generates better response.

For example...Wong's lawn-care in the Chinese neighborhood....Gorzowski's Lawncare in the Polish...Mussolini's Lawncare in the Italian....O'Malley's Lawncare in the Irish etc....

People identify w/their ethnic brothers and sisters. You will see better results w/ethnic targeted names if the neighborhood has specific ethnic concentrations.

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

So are you telling us that you run under all of these different names?

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The fine Print on the Flyer would Read...A subsidiary of.....

I Have only tried this In a Heavily Populated Chinese Area w/Chen...These are Very Wealthy Chinese neighborhoods....Much Better response than previous efforts.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Oh I see. To me that would get a little confusing, but I understand the idea behind it. I just wonder if they figured it out they would'nt be a little ticked off and they may feel a little used?

5. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

This one of your more believable posts. I actually had to chuckle at this one. It is feesable and I guess it could work, but you might offend some people if they care enough to feel misled. Some ethic groups particularly Asians are very loyal to their own. I have no doubt you would get a much higher response in these areas but you may have hard feelings down the road. I must give you credit for your willingness to experiment.

-Paul

6. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Fareway, You seem to always be close to the line of BS, first it topless mowing, college kid mowing and now this. I don't think you do half the stuff you say you do. You are out there. SO full of it.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Well you seem to be the master of aliases.

8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a dumb idea to me. I mean think about it, the extra hassel of printing the differant flyers then distributing to the correseponding neighborhoods. Not to mention having to explain yourself to a customers that catches on to your little scam.

9. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

So under what name do you answer the phone?

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Now that's funny. :laugh: