Triplet??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 31bro, May 1, 2006.

1. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

Do any of you guys use Triplet??? Just wondering what you guys think of it.

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Triplett and Lesco Three Way are my main broadleaf herbicides. I get good results.

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

triplet,tri-mec, the 3-way products are the way to go for most of your weed control program. been using them for over 20 yrs and always get good results

4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I've used triplet, 3-way, trimec 992, and Mec-amine D. They are all basically identical, have the same active ingredients, but I have noticed that the Mec-amine D doesn't work as well as the others. I asked a rep about this and they explained that there are non AI contents that effect performance such as buffering agents & surfactants.

5. 31bro

31bro LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have been mixing it 20 gallons of water and 66 oz. of triplett and spraying at 5 mph is this about the right mixture? I am not sure what nozzles but it is the same as a z spray. Thanks for the info.

6. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

sounds like you may be going too light. I have a PG and mix 60 oz in 12 gal and spray at 5 mph. I cover approx 50k with a tank full. you need to figure out how mant sq ft you cover per gallon then you will know how much triplett to add.

7. southernsprayguy

southernsprayguy LawnSite Member

I have. It's a good product but we prefer Strike 3. We get it from our ProsourceOne distributor.

8. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

If you do not get good control on clover, dandelions, chickweed, or plantain with Triplett or Three-Way your applications are probably light. I get good result with 1.1 to 1.3 oz/1000. For violets and ground ivy I like Surge or Confront tank mixed with Three-Way.