1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tripple Bagger for Super Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Shady Brook, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I am looking hard at the Tripple bagger. Does anyone know how far back the bags sit behind the mower? I am trying to figure out how much longer the mower will be with the bagger.

Does anyone know how high the frame of the bagger sits? I am concerned that if the mower rolls to the back of the trailer gate, at what height would the gates need to be to damage the unit? I assume the bags could be compressed, but where they mount would likely be damaged. How tough is the frame.

The unit claims to be removeable in a minute or two. How long does it take you to remove the blower and tube? About how long does it take to remove the frame? I know part of the frame is bolted on, does the part that sticks out to receive the bags come off with pins,or must it be unbolted?

Does anyone have problems with it plugging up with grass, or leaves? Will I have any trouble with running it with a 27/60 Kohler?

Are you happy with your unit and would you buy another? Is it durable, and will it last many years in your opinion?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I was going to link you the website with that model catcher on it, but for some reason it is not working for me.....
    It is a low profile system, it sits lower than the air cleaner on your mower.
    The main frame is bolted on, but the larger part comes off with a couple pins in a few seconds.
    This goes for the blower also, it comes off in about 30 seconds with no tools.
    The blower is our blower that we use on the Bac-Vac, and it is very strong, I wont say you cant plug it up, but if you do it due to the unit plugging from the tube down and this is due to the bags being full.
    You will not have any issues running it with the 27 Super Z, you just may need to slow down in some areas where it is thicker / heavier with grass and leaves.