triton deck in new orleans la.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Nov 13, 2007.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Would the 46" triton deck on the lazer hp work well in southern la? I was thinking about getting one for next year. Any thoughts or experience on this deck cutting grass down here?

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

No, it will not. There have been problems with that deck. Look for one with an Ultra Cut deck, for SURE.

3. S man

Really? Well bob's in metaire only sells the triton models. I'll need to demo one.

4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

What grasses will you be cutting?

5. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I have seen down here, Exmarks cut the best, Scag is 2nd, Dixie chopper and Deere are last.
    Because of price and financing options, I will be going with a Ferris IS1500

6. shsmallengines

shsmallengines LawnSite Member

they had a issue with the triton deck, but the added a baffle to it and fixed the problem.

7. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Havent you read the threads on the Triton decks? They are no damn good. Thats why Exmark keeps sellin em. You see Exmark wants to show a loss for a few years. But seriously........ why wouldnt it cut good? Mine cuts real well but Im in Michigan.

8. B Stove

B Stove LawnSite Member

Maybe their are some lemons out their but my Triton cuts like a champ:weightlifter: I love it!

9. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

i have the 46 inch triton and love it. no probs with mine. i cut mostly st augustine and it leaves a beautiful finish.

10. S man

I really like how much it costs. My dealer is selling the 19/46 combo for $5999 on promotion. I have a phazer already and love exmark and my dealer, so I guess it will be the lazer hp if I like the demo next year.