1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Triton Deck questions

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by gunpowder, Feb 9, 2006.

1. gunpowder

gunpowder LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have had a new Exmark every year for the last 6+ years maybe. Upgrades are inevitable but this deck change to the Triton leaves me with questions.

One regional dealer says that there is a choice of decks: the New Triton with the older deck... same that came with my 2005 LZ27KAW60. they claim to be selling all 2006's with the older deck suggesting a wait and see on the Triton performance.

The other regional dealer is selling all 2006's with the Triton deck and the sales man didn't seem to know if it was available in the older format.

Has anyone had actual experience with the new Triton deck? I have had liquid cooled mowers for the last four years but I see Exmark seems to be phasing them out and the trend is towards air cooled so I am probably looking at the 60"XS 31HP. Reselling each year is very important to me so I need to keep with the trends.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello gunpowder,
    The 2006 Lazer Z, Lazer Z XS and Lazer Z HP have the Triton decks. The Lazer Z AS(Advantage Series) has the Ultra Cut deck, which was used on the 2005 Lazer Z models. If you are looking for the 60" XS it will have a Triton deck. I'll let the guys give their opinions on the Triton deck.

Here is the link to the Lazer Z XS.

Thanks Brian