triton exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontstreetlawns, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

i just bought a new exmark with a triton deck on it, big step up from a homeowners gravely, but the problem i have is that its scalping a high end lawn on a hill side, its not a a steep drop off anyways, the dealer said thats the way it is and the only thing that can be done is get a striper. nothing against my dealer ( i absolutely love them) but i bought this thing with the intentions of no scalping, apparently the 46 inch and smallers dont " need" back wheels. now my question is has anyone else run into this and what have they done.

other than that the mower is awesome

If an exmark rep is reading this i would really like your feedback

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

If you're looking for Exmark feedback go into the Exmark forum.
    A striping roller does help by the way, but not completely, it depends on how your scalping......
    Is it while going over the top of the hill or otherwise?

3. Frontstreetlawns

its kinda going over a hill, its flat and then it slops down towards a pond

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Put a roller on it or don't cut it up and down. Going over the hill on a slight angle helps as well.
    Cut the top of the hill sideways while keeping your deck from scalping by only cutting half of the crest at a time...........
    It's simply something you have to learn to get around.........

What size deck did you have before?

5. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Ive got one with a 46 deck Havent had a scalping problem since this spring and I started cutting at 3"I also use the foot assist to raise the deck when I get to a spot I think I might scalp
    HTH

6. Frontstreetlawns

i dont have the foot assist on mine yet, and the stripper yet. i had to convence my wife to let me buy the thing first, the extras latter. i had a 34 inch gravely homeowners orrigally and around here 3 is kinda high, infact most of mine are 2.5

7. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:usflag: Just go ahead a get the foot assist, you will use it alot and this will take care of your problem....Mark's Mowing Service