1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Triton users in the north east.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jim163, Oct 14, 2006.

1. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

I run a gravely right now. Great machine but my only gripe is It clumps real bad in the wet grass. I know exmarks are supposed to be great for this. I looked at an exmark with the triton deck and It seemed alright. Anyone in the northeast use one of theese mowers? If so what do you think?
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Try using a solid high lift blade or better yeat try fluid film
  3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

If you are looking at a Triton equipped eXmark, wait until the 2007 models are released and make sure you specifically state that you want one with the new 2007 Triton design. They've made changes to them to help with clumping, poor cut and etc.

Changes as follows:

Modify the flow control baffle between the center and discharge blade.
    Change the blade tip speed to levels closer to the 19,000 FPM allowed by the safety standard.
    Add a scroll baffle in the left hand cutting chamber to address an air flow turbulence issue between the left and center blade.

All 2007 models are being designed like this. The 2006 units can be updated using update kits.
  4. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

Where did you hear about these update kits for the 2006? And are they available now? Thanks

5. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Talk to your dealer about this. If your dealer doesn't know about this yet then go to the distributor and on up the line. I learned about the updates at the Expo in Louisville but they said all dealers may not be aware of the updates as of yet. Also not all areas need the update so I guess it's on a need basis. If you have to contact Exmark directly but you dealer or distributor should have the info.
  7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

This is the same thing Exmark told me at Expo.
  8. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I Know that the info on the new tritons will be out ,on line In November.
    Also herd of the changes that they made...But I have not herd any feedback from any of us trying the new deck.
    As far as the update kit I would think that should be out very soon.
    I,m hopeing the best for Exmark...Very good people and products.
  9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Supposedly late October.

1. Flow Control Baffle Modification
    Testing indicates that air flow from the center blade chamber to the right hand blade chamber directs the grass too far to the rear of the discharge opening. This has been noticed by users as a “surging” discharge of grass rather than a consistent, steady discharge or as a reduction in the distance and width of the discharge. Modification to the front flow control baffle will require removal of the deck from the unit and a section of the baffle to be cut out and removed from the deck. A replacement baffle bolts into the opening providing a more direct line towards the center of the discharge opening.
    2. Blade Tip Speed Changes
    While the original intention of Triton’s design was to provide improved performance with lower blade tip speed, difficult conditions in the field, combined with operation at very high ground speed often require higher tip speed. Therefore, each kit will include three deck sheaves that will increase blade tip speed to the upper limits of the safety standard. Changing the sheaves is best accomplished while the deck is removed providing easy access to the cutter housing top nut which retains the sheave.

NOTE: This change (step #2) must be done in conjunction with the flow control baffle change (step #1 above) or the discharge of the unit may actually get worse!!
  10. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

k guys... before i started cutting full time i used to work in a dealership that sells Exmark but since i quit, ive lost touch of the updates and whatnot so it sounds like you all know a bit more about the updates than i do. my question is... i mulch 100% of the time because im required to for a company i cut for that has huge safety issues. how will this affect mulching? will i still have to change my baffles? also... what is a "deck sheave"? i knew that they were updating for 07' but i dunno if it's going to be worth the updates because to tell the truth, i'm 100% satisfied with the way my XS and HP perform. i'd love you guys opinions.