Trivantage Leaf Mulching

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deerex, Sep 18, 2007.

1. deerex

deerex LawnSite Member

I got a mulch kit fo my 2001 lazer hp 52 trivantage 23 hp kohler how well will this thing mulch leaves? I have my fingers crossed.

2. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Put the meg mo blades on that mower and you will not have to pick up any leaves. The customer will think you don't know any thing as the wanted the leaves picked up so our crews have a vac to pick the last 10 to 20 gals. leaves wet her it is a small place or 10 ace rs.

3. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

the mulch kit works good i have run over stuff that was knee deep and it makes it gone you may have to mow it twice but it works. i have had to pop wheelies to get it all under the deck and still it did a good job.you will be dirty just the nature of i guess

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the mulch kit. I've tried Meg Mos (see my posts), the mulch kit will provide WAY better results.

There, is that nice enough for you, Lawnsite?

5. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

someone pee in your cornflakes? happends to me all the time lollollollol

6. Scarlawnturf

Scarlawnturf LawnSite Member

I've always had success with my 19 HP 48" Turf Tracer Tri Vantage and it's mulch kit and standard "wavy" blades for leaves. But I've never been 100% happy with the way that it mulches grass. I've asked this before and didn't get much response, is there a better blade to use with the mulch kit installed, for grass?

7. deerex

deerex LawnSite Member

I have the wavy mulching blades and the gator style. I will give both a try and let you know the results. I am guessing the gator style will be better. I wont be putting the kit on for about 2 weeks.

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've used lazer hp 48's since '98 and they mulch leaves pretty well. Other mowers I've had have been worse, so I assume they're pretty good compared to other designs.

You will have worse results mulching them on sparse lawns, like all mulchers they work best when you are mulching lawns off the top of a thick lawn. Except for the leaves that blow out (not bad) or are too tall to get under the deck, it turns most of them to dust. Sometimes a 2nd pass is needed, the key is to stay on top of them and not let too many build up.

My results with gator types have been worse than the original mulch kit blades.