Trivantage & Ultracut???

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Jason Rose, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Just what exactally is the differance btw. the two, is there beter baffels under the ultracut? I notice that the ultracut is used on all of the z riders except the lazer hp. Why is this, and is this an advantage or a hinderance to the hp model? The reason for the inquiry is that the hp is the size I really need to stick to (compact and lighter) to fit my application. I also see the ultracut deck pictured (underside) in the brocure, but have never seen the trivantage underside, and wondered if they were the same.

Thank you for your help!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the post. There are a few differences between the UltraCut deck and the original TriVantage deck - the depth of the deck and the strength of the deck. The UltraCut deck is 5.5" deep, and the TriVantage deck is 5" deep. The deeper deck gives you more volume to help cut taller grass. We have heard reports of improved performance when cutting taller grass with the UltraCut deck. The blades are the same, the flow control baffles are virtually the same, and the spindles are the same.

The main difference between the two is strength. Both decks have a 7-gauge side skirt, a 10-gauge top, and fully welded seams. The UltraCut deck goes a step further. It also has a 10-gauge top reinforcement plate, which sets over the spindle assemblies, and we put 7-gauge reinforcement rings around the spindle assemblies on the 60" and 72" decks. All of the UltraCut decks have the trim side wear guard along the bottom of the deck.

There are a couple of reasons for offering different decks on the LHP and Lazer Z. By offering two different decks, it helps our customers differentiate between the two models. Another reason is because we put more powerful engines on the Lazer Z than we do on the LHP. More horsepower is a benefit when cutting with the deeper UltraCut deck.

If you want higher horsepower options and the UltraCut deck, go with the Lazer Z. If your looking for a lighter weight, more compact mower, go with the Lazer Z HP (LHP).

You asked about the underside of the TriVantage deck. It looks very similar to the underside of the UltraCut deck. Don't forget that in the picture, you're looking at the deck with the Micro-Mulch Kit in place (page 14 in the '03 literature). We're just using this to illustrate what makes our mower unique.

I hope this answers all of your questions. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me when you can.

Here to help,

Dustin

--One more thing. . .We also put the UltraCut decks on our full-size Turf Tracers!