Trophy TTF?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Victor, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd be more than grateful if anyone here who's got experience with Trophy TTF would give me some feedback on it. What's been your experience slice-seeding with it? How disease resistant has it been for you? How do you like the appearance of these lawns (ie., do you like the color, texture)?

Up until now, I have been using Titan TTF exclusively, but it's disease resistance leaves a lot to be desired. I'm sure there are more than a couple newer blends of TTF that display better resistance to diseases.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

You got to get that fungicide down before you have a problem with your lawns. Kind of like grubs, you know they're coming do something about it.

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Victor,

I have not used Trophy, but I can tell you that Lesco's Team Mates works awesome! All I recommend is TTTF and I ALWAYS slice it in. It has an awesome disease package, and has good drought tolerance. It isn't a SILVER BULLET, but it is very close IMO!

I have used it for the last two years, and you should see the lawns I have seeded! Went throught 12,000# of TeamMates last year and already through 4,000# this year if that helps you know how I feel about it.

Call me if you have any questions or want to see some pics! Stuff rocks!

RC

4. Victor

I'll tell you what RC, you're the real deal man. Anyone who slices in 12,000 lbs. of seed in one year has to be the real deal.

5. Victor

There's no such thing as a free lunch dKoester. Who's going to pay for the fungicide? My customers sure won't and I'm sure not. If I tell my customers that it will cost X amount of dollars to slice-seed their yard with TTTF and that by doing so, I'm going to have to charge them big bucks for fungicide applications every year from here on out, I'd get more than a couple doors slammed in my face.

Having said that, I'd be crazy to pay out of my own pocket for fungicide apps on my customers lawns. I just recently hit my customers with a price increase to keep my profit margins in line (due to the astronomical fertilizer prices of late). The last thing I want to do, is give away free fungicide apps and knock my profit margin back out of whack.

I'm not trying to whip you across the chops here dKoester for trying to help me out. I appreciate the fact that you were extending a helping hand to me. I'm just trying to illustrate that what you're suggesting wouldn't work for me. Most of my customers can barely afford my services as it is.

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Or just STUPID! :dizzy:

Don't let me fool you too easily though! You have seen my seeder, and it will do 1 acre/hour easily! All I do is drive straight and enjoy the weather. Doesn't take any effort with my machine!

I ended up seeding right around 34 acres last year....but remember we were DROUGHT STRICKEN last year and I picked up and awesome commercial acct which was 11 acres in 1 stop!

Unfortunatly I don't think I will get to do that much this year, but I am starting to get a lot on the books for this fall! :)

I am telling you....TTTF is the only way to go, trust me!

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Exactly Victor!

I would explain to the customer that is would be CHEAPER for them to renovate their lawn with TTTF which will combat most diseases, vs putting on a fungicide that MAY or MAYNOT work and will cost them big EVERY YEAR.

Reseed once with TTTF and they will have an awesome lawn with a great disease and drought package.

You are definitly thinking the right way!

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Victor,

What it the Trophy blend? Do you know the % of each?

Who is the supplier....Green Velvet?

Is this a 100% TTTF or does it have some PR in it?

BTW...do you have any idea what the price is?

Just curious to see how it compares to TM.

You can PM me if you don't want to post it on here.

9. Victor