Tropical Storm Arlene

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by gatormowing, Jun 10, 2005.

1. gatormowing

gatormowing LawnSite Member

Hurricane season has started for us in Florida with the effects of tropical storm Arlene. Been raining all day and the forcast is rain thru tomorrow. They have predicted a busy year for bad weather. Cut it while you can I guess.

2. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

your right Bob, it looks like rain all weekend. Its been raining for the whole past week.

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

That stinks for you guys... But makes me so thankful that I have my State Insurance adjusters license!! :cool: Seriously, I hope ya'll fare well down there.

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I can already see the tropical clouds and feel that humidity moving in. All the weather is to the far right of the storm so SC should get alot of it. Very hard to mow in a tropical storm lol We got 4 of these storms last year and I got so far behind it was pethetic. People had swimming pools in their yard from all the rain. I spent most of my time picking up limbs from all the wind. But the rain does make the grass grow like crazy :p

5. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

My girl friend is from and lives in the PHILIPPINES. Her name is Arlene and boy am I giving her a hard time about the hurricane. She is the gentlest sweetest thing. But I really am having fun with the hurricane named after her.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Its not a Hurricane yet and probably wont be according to the weather guesser's. Winds have to be sustained at 74 mph. So you GF has not reached Hurricane status--at least not in the weather sense lol

Let me correct that. She may become a weak Hurricane before making landfall. I shouldnt have relied on the first guesser :rolleyes:

7. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

My ex-girlfiends name was Arlene. Naming a tropical storm after her is pretty darn appropriate. :p

8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I mowed in the rain for about 5 hrs today and that was enough for me. I'm only 10 yards behind now, LOL. I guess I"ll try again tommorrow, if possible. Last week I only worked 1 day. I got so far behind, I just started over this week. Grass is growing like crazy, job security, I guess. LOL

9. FloridaMowMan

FloridaMowMan LawnSite Member

I heard that!! I still have a yard to do today, and three tomorrow. Dont know how in the world I am going to get them done with Arlene headed to the panhandle. Bummer Dude.

10. GatorLawnCare

GatorLawnCare LawnSite Member

we never stop for rain. we cut 6 days a week. even in t-showers!