tropical storm bill

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lugnut#6, Jun 30, 2003.

1. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

how would yall recommend cleaning up these green leaves that will cover the ground in the morning?
    blowing about 35-45 here now.i have a 44"lazor hp w/mulch kit.
    would it be ok to mulch em up.type of grass is at augistine.
    if not,should i just blowem on a tarp and haulem off?or should i rake?(dont wanna rake)
    these excaluber mulch blades sure do a good job.ya think the clinents would think i was being lazy(i know i am...shhhh)
    any suggestions?

gotta go...raccoon in house thru pet door...escaping storm...brb

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would bag them up and bill the customer..if they complained about it then just tell them that you will dump them back on the lawn then

3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

L-nut.....i would and will bag them also. The storm will reach us about noon on Tuesday in n. Alabama. Hopefully it will be mostly rain and no wind for us.

Ultra Vac on my 60" lazer makes it a "walk in the park".

4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are as behind as far as I am I would try mulching them. Looks like two days so far are a wash out. Just know the the phone is going to start ringing with my clients hoping to get serviced prior to the holiday weekend. Not looking good so far.

Good Luck
    Rhett

5. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

This storm couldn't come at a worst time for me....

Still behind from a week's worth of rain week before last. Spent last week running around accounts. Still have four big ones left before holiday and now what looks like some clean-up work on some of the accounts I have already done.

Sure am tired of mowing long, wet grass....