Trouble getting some Ryan parts

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Bob Minney, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Has anybody else had problems getting parts for your Ryan aerators?
    Guy I get my parts from said they had moved a plant and still weren't back to 100% yet. This supplier has been good to me for years but :confused:

Anyway
    Got the belt and tines I ordered but not the bearings. He's hoping that I'll have them by the end of month but that seems to be questionable. (parts have been on order for 6 weeks)

Also does anybody know who has this Ryan part # in stock?
    547855 needle bearing kit

2. Ross in IL

Ross in IL LawnSite Member

Is there any chance that there's a bearings and seals warehouse nearby? I've taken bearings to most auto parts stores (the real kind not box stores) and they've just matched them by the measurements.
    Hope this helps
    Ross

3. Ross
    Thanks, I was thinking about doing that. If I don't find them by this weekend thats what I'm doing next week. The machine really needs to be ready to go march 1.

4. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg LawnSite Member

I've found my local bearing supply co. always has correct part and is usually half the price of my dealer. I'd try them first.

5. proscaper

proscaper LawnSite Member

Is there a website with Ryan parts for sale or a dealer/distributor website?

Josh

6. proscaper
    groundkprs sent me to Russo to get the bearings-great company to deal with. They don't have an online parts catalog but if you know what you need e mail them with part # for price and delivery.
    www.russopower.com

7. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

Bob, have you tried alamia in aurora?

8. Ground Master
    Yeah, I've bought equipment from them several times, never parts. They alway do good if you order what you see on line.

But, E-mailed alamia twice to see if they could help with parts. Never heard from them.