1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trouble mounting bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone ever have trouble mounting a Grass Gobler to a Exmark Metro WB? I couldn't seem to get it to mount right when the chute deflector was on the mower so I had ot remove it when bagging. Any suggestions? I love my Grass Gobbler but hate removing the deflector all the time.
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I have an Exmark Viking, 36" wide. Our decks may be the same, at least the discharge chute. This is a problem I have too. The cloth bagger (with backing plate) does not interfere with the deflector. The deflector can be flipped up, and the backing plate mounted properly.

However, I've concluded I would rather use the Grass Gobbler I bought with the machine seven years ago. I took off the deflector, so am sacrificing use of the deflector a few places. I mounted it when I was using the cloth bagger, built a handle so it could be easily flipped up/down while walking by the side of the machine. My usage was limited to keeping clippings out of beds or off driveways or off sides of houses, sheds, etc. However, I believe I wasn't gaining much with the deflector down while trying to keep clippings out of beds (keeping clippings off the side of the house, sheds, etc) is a different story.

For last season, my deflector was in the garage -- the Grass Gobbler mounted on rare occasions.