Trouble sleeping?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gr grass n Hi tides, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

What's up with me? I was out in the blazing heat all day long today mowing and finishing up a mulch job, drank 1.5 gal. of water, went through three shirts & I'm still not ready for bed. Any one else with the same problem?
  2. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

I feel the same way shawn, i have no clue what my problem is:confused:
  3. Could be a thousand things. But something that comes to mind is that your core body-temperature could be elevated. I like to take a cool (not cold) shower and turn down the thermostat on the AC. Sometimes a really cold shower will activate your body's mechanism to generate more heat.
  4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Same here.......when you figure it out please let me know.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Same ordeal with me too. I've suffered from this all of my adult and part of my teen life. No matter how hard I work, how many hours and how little sleep I did it on, I still have trouble sleeping.

It's not at all uncommon for me to work from 6 am to 9 pm on just a few hours of sleep, stay up almost all night and do it all over again. I've been on sleep meds and all. Nothing works long term as much as I really wish it did.

I ENVY people like my wife who can lay down and be asleep inside 5 minutes.

I just try to do something relaxing like get on here or watch TV so that I'm not "up" and active all night. This way my body does get a little rest, even if my brain doesn't.

If this is not a normal thing for you, it may be over stimulation from the days activity. The human body has an amazing ability to adapt and adjust as needed. Sometimes it's just a little more than we know, caught too good of a second wind.

Other factors are stress, depression, poor diet, vitamin/mineral deficiency ect... Also racing thoughts, good or bad, about various things...personal decisions, business decisions on the brain, ect...

For people like me that have a chronic problem, it's usually health related. Chronic illness, health conditions like diabetes or hypoglycemia, low chemical levels in the body ect...
    Gr grass n Hi tides likes this.
  6. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Not to make you jealous, but I am just the opposite. Lately, I can't stay awake past 9:00 pm. Then again, I'm an old geezer and need my shuteye cause I get up at 5 in the morning:D
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Just kidding, that will dehydrate you more.

Ask the little girl in you avatar her secret.

If your pulse rate is up and you have been peeing fluorescent yellow pee, you are down a few litres. Its a viscious circle if you are truly becoming dehydrated so don't let it happen. It could be something else like Envy said but you can prevent yourself from becoming dehydrated.
  10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Just try and relax and rest even if you can't sleep. The most important thing to do is keep up the flow of liquids into your body.