trouble with commercial acct.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mykster, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

One of my commercial accts. mailed me a notice asking why I was billing them and not performing the sevices we agreed on...when infact we were there. So, now they don't want to pay, and their telling me that if I can't perform the duties that they will find someone else. I have no actual proof we were there, but gave her my word, which didn't seem to be enough for her. So I thought it would be a good idea to keep track of the time and duties that were performed for all accts.? Any thoughts? And, they're also 2 months behind on payment.
  2. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Ughh dont take this wrong but they cant tell if you showed up or not? Little confused......
  3. klc

klc LawnSite Member
    from iowa

I had an account that questioned my also
    They were three months behind and the company went belly up nation wide
    I lost a bit of money
    Go back and talk to her about the past due money get that first-- she already talked to you about changing companys---which happens part of the business--hate to see you lose what is due to you set up a time to personal
    review your agreement with her-- be sure she sees you in the yard next and all future times so she cant question it
    maybe have a check in sheet at the place of business
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

See If The Company owes anybody else for service Preformed.And KLC Is Wright Get The Other Money first.
    Then Get a Check In Sheet That Has a Copy for your cliant When You Leave The Jod Site.
    I'm sorry to say That Some Customer's Make it A Game To Owe Money Then They Get some One Else And Your screwed.
    Johnny g.:blob2: :blob2:
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You didn't say what type of commercial account it is, but is there anyway you can go in the building, make contact with someone, and then give them the bill each week?

I know we did a medical office building in the past. We would cut every seven days, not because the grass was actually long or shaggy, but instead mostly to just give it a polished look and pick up the piles of trash that were there. We could drive by the next day, and you wouldn't even be able to tell we were there. Trash would be back everywhere. So we made a practice of just running the bill in and letting them know we were there. (I know it's a pain to do that, but if it's an account that seems shaky on paying, it's worth it.
    We eventually dropped that account when they started getting real weird. Checks would come sporadically every 3 to 4 months, then they stopped paying the sales tax!! We're much better off without them.
  6. MowJo

MowJo LawnSite Member
    from KY

Cover your A#%!!

Have a manager or representative sign and date a "service performed" form. This will eliminate their ability to question if you performed work or not.
  7. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

mmmm sounds like they are looking for a way to get out of the contract... they are gonna say you breeched the contract so they dont have to pay.....