1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

trouble with flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JDharbourlandscaping, Nov 30, 2004.

1. JDharbourlandscaping

JDharbourlandscaping LawnSite Member

hey does anyone out there have a sample flyer? Im trying to creat just a simple flyer/letter to slip in mail boxes and i need a little help.... i do all types of landscaping encluding winter jobs... much help needed... thanks
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is one I use, change it and use it...
    It was done in Microsoft Word, and can be edited in there.

I have found the best way is to try to talk to as many prospective customers as possible, and if they are not home, I will use a rubber band and put it on the door knob...

Attached Files:

3. JDharbourlandscaping

JDharbourlandscaping LawnSite Member

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I just summited my project to www.designoutpost.com they will make you a professional one for $125 or two for $175. I will be odering 25,000 them, so it's a small fee that can go a long way.
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

After the design will they print the 25,000 fliers for you and if so do you know how much per 1000k?
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I second that about Premo and the mailboxes. But also you should check with city codes in regards to posting and handling out flyers
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

No, they are only designing the flyers. I will take the files they create and email them to an online print shop. The best two that I have found is www.48hourprint.com and www.postcardwarehouse.com 48hourprint will be printing these for me for around $1750 plus shipping $281 for shipping the 13 boxes of flyers. postcardwarehouse charges a little more for these flyers because they are UV coated which has a greater gloss to them. You will have to check the prices for 1000 flyers, but I am guessing around $150. I know 1000 postcards (full color) cost me $135.
  8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the help,this year I put out around 11,000 fliers in the spring not sure about next year.Do you notice is it worth it to spend the extra money for color over black and white?Last year mine where b&w but we got like 6 inches of snow the next day after the went out so the response was not what I thought it would be.
    Thanks again.
  9. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Hear is one i through together the other day for our fall promotion.

Attached Files:

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi JDharbourlandscaping,

Here are a bunch of free flyer templates you can download.

Click image for link.