trouble with help

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by dstifel, Dec 26, 2012.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

they prolly just got fed up with it and said man this isn't worth it so they went home not expecting to get paid for it.

2. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

After working as a splitter on the line at UPS for two mornings I never went back. Was truly the dumbest position to start someone. Responsible for 9 trucks, are u kidding me. Nevertheless I was shocked when I found a check in the mail, I really wasn't expecting it & felt a little guilty. Was definitely glad to have it just the same. I remember saying "Now wasn't that thoughtful". Especially after doing a No Call No Show to them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I guess if they ever get ahold of me again which i hope they do they have about as much money in my shovels and a spreader then what i owe them i will just pay up. But they will never work for me again.

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

well you could send them a check if you knew how long they worked and if you have their info. i guess you could call them and see what happened if you have their numbers.

they kept your equipment? :O

i certainly wouldn't pay them anything then lol. i would call the cops actually and try to get it back.

5. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

With the lack of personal info we're led to believe you hired them from the local Salvation Army.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. dstifel

actaully all "friends" from school keep in mind I'm only 21. I know i will get the equipment back not worried about that one bit. One of them actually got ahold of me just minutes ago because its supposed to snow tonight to see if i needed help again? That takes some balls.

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I think it speaks volumes for the lack of work ethic today. Everybody wants to work on their terms. Its doing manual labor when its 29 or 109 outside that seperates the boys. People can't even quit a job without integrity these days. Pay rate has little to do with it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. dstifel

Yea i couldn't believe it. I know I'm young and younger to the industry but i could never imagine leaving someone high and dry like that and I've worked in some shitty conditions doing all kinds of things i didn't want to do but the bottom line is i said i would do something so i did it. Yea i was paying them 15$ an hour using my equipment alls they needed was themselves and warm clothes apparently that is to much to ask?

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

If they turned in a time sheet that I felt was accurate and retured all equipment I'd pay them. I used to all but throw money at shovelers to get them to work but my route has changed since then and my sons are old enough to help as needed, so I don't really need outside help anymore.

10. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

No hiring of these cats again & sadly I would pay them