Troubled Lawn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PCM-LC, Jun 25, 2004.

1. PCM-LC

PCM-LC LawnSite Member

I have just received my license so I am at "ground zero" trying to identify problems with lawns.

I am attaching several images of a mature lawn that has never had any disease or pest for the past 12 years. It is fertilized 2-3 times a year and cut every 7 days at 3".

The problems started 3-4 weeks ago when I noticed an area with considerable damage. It has not started to spread to other locations in the lawn. I would appreciate any input as this is my yard!

dscn0017.jpg

2. Looks too far gone to possible identify the cause of decline!

3. PCM-LC

PCM-LC LawnSite Member

Please look at the other picture posted after this one, maybe that will help

4. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

PCM-LC, you might want to contact your local county extension agent and explain the problem. He may be aware of other laws experiencing similar problems. You can’t treat something you don’t know what it is.

Best of luck

5. PCM-LC

PCM-LC LawnSite Member

George 777, Thanks for the advise, I will contact them next week

6. PowerPlay

PowerPlay LawnSite Member

PCM-LC,

You can also take a sample of the turf over to NCSU. For $20 they will run disease and insect tests to determine the problem. A larger photo showing more of the turf may also help in the diagnosis.