Troubled Property

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by glenjr10, Apr 12, 2003.

1. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

i just picked up another account, but the yard is very bumpy. the yard drops off about 5 feet in 30'. due to this slant, the former lawn company scalped the yard very badly. there is almost no grass.

There is many trees, small (about 4" diameter), and the tops of some pipes are exposed.

#1 I was wondering if anyone has approached a customer before, and asked them to spend money to improve their property?

#2 what would you suggest, just ideas, the back of the property is a stream that has been overgrown, this vines and sticks.

Thanks in advance.

2. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

bump

3. e-RoK

e-RoK LawnSite Member

I would only ask them to spend money with my company.

4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I would have to say that it depends on the type of client you have, and the relationship you have with that clients. I have had some where all I had to do was mention it, and it was a "go ahead and do it" no talk about money... just send a bill later on. Then you have the type of clients where you have to hold their hands. Case and point, I took a walk around a client's property with him today, showed him some things I saw and said "I just thought you should know..." Sure enough a couple hours later he called back saying I was right, and to go ahead and do the work, send him a bill once it's done. Always be planting seeds though. Phrases such as "did you ever think about...?" "wouldn't it be nice if...?" "what would you say to...?" etc.