1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Troubleshooting question

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by DanaMac, Dec 11, 2007.

1. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds good. Good luck Dana, hit me up if there is anything I can do!
  2. johnh

johnh LawnSite Member

Just curious, did you check the voltage of the lamps? Damar makes a 5.5 Volt 25W Par36 as well as a 12V version. 11.5V through a 5.5V lamp would have adverse affects.
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, they were stamped 12 volt on the box and the lamp. Maybe they were wrong though.
  4. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing wrong with Sylvania capsylite PAR's . Unique used to use them. They had some problems with water intrusion a few yrs back but seemed to have solved it now. It's safe to go back to the sylvania PAR's.
  5. pete scalia

The problem is that they are cheap chinese manufactured junk bulbs just like everything else the Dabmar name is on.
  6. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Not me! Par, MR, Wedge or whatever: once the manufacturer has proved themselves to be inferior, it takes a whole lot more than a casual recommendation to get me back. This includes lighting manufacturers!
  7. pete scalia

suit yourself
  8. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Pete, I would agree with you on some of the more reputible manufacturers fixing their bulbs. Most would recognize a problem and fix it so they don't lose business. I don't know about Chicom companies however. I don't think I would buy a cheap Chicom bulb anyway.
  9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

What does Chicom mean?
  10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Chinese Communist I believe.

I don't think it is meant as a term of endearment!