Troy Bilt Edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeremiah Dyke, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Jeremiah Dyke

Jeremiah Dyke LawnSite Member

I need an edger that can keep a straight line and cut through overgrown lawns. I stink at edging with attachments so I’ve been thinking about a powered edger. I’ve been thinking about simply getting the Troy Bilt TB554 Lawn Edger they sell at Lowes for $260. It’s probably all I need for the 15-20 accounts I mow for what do you think?

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

should be fine! I have an edger attachment for my troy bilt trimmer, works great! so a walk behind edger will definitly work! just take care of it.:drinkup:
  3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I know it's so easy to buy from the big box stores. But if you want something decent, put some more money with it and buy a better one. Amazon has 21 reviews of this edger, in which 11 are "1 star." That should tell you a little something about it. If you want to buy it and replace it a year down the road, by all means, do it. But why? In the long run you could save yourself the hassle by buying a decent edger.
  4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

If your going to use it on overgrown lawns, you may want to consider something with high torque to cut through the overgrowth and establish an edge. My Redmax 2401S cut through almost anything.
  5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with Keith, stay away from the big box stores when it comes to buying equipment, even their so called "Professional grade" stuff is far from it.