Troy-bilt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jlcare, Jan 6, 2003.

1. jlcare

jlcare LawnSite Member

Does anyone out there know anything about troy-bilt mowers, a 32" mid-size mower?:alien:

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

I heard that they are crapy, dont hold up to over a cuple of hrs a week use. I used one one time to mow someones yard when I was 13 or so for someone who was away it was a pain to turn! If you are going all out into this industry dont get one look at If you need cheep encore 36":blob3: :blob4: :blob2:

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Not familiar with the 32" but I have the 33" wide cut with the 9.5 HP and it works great. I used it as my primary mower when I started and still use it regularly for gated yards. For the price it can't be beat, I paid around a grand for it well worth it. Self propelled with four forward speeds and one reverse.

4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Lowes sells them for 1395.I believe i'd either pay a hair more for a lesco or buy a good used 32 scag,exmark or toro. I see them in trader mags. all the time.:D

5. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 33" w/8.5 Briggs mulch only deck. I got it used 4 yrs. ago for $200 in mint condition. It is a homeowners walk behind. Mine has held up, but I don't use it too much and I'm not rough on it. I use it on some small yards that are too small for a 48", but take to long with a Lawnboy. It cuts good, never had a problem - but you couldn't use it all day. I wouldn't have it as a primary mower. ;)

6. cfosceola

cfosceola LawnSite Member

I bought mine used when I started in the biz this year, it was a trade in from a homeowner. Right now that is all I have till i can aford another mower. I service 20 yards a week with it, the only serious problem was the bearings on the spindle burnt up and melted the gear which i think is a heavy nylon, thank god my neighbor had an extra one because he has one also. I think it was due to the fact that i fabricated gator blades to fit on it and those blades are like 3 times heavier than oem blades. If you do residentials, it works great, especially where i am at the yards are so small anything bigger than a 36 just wouldnt work to well. Keeping my eye out for an exmark.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

They are not bad mowers. Yes, there are better heavier duty mowers, but they will get the job done with very few problems.

8. They suck dont waste your money.