Troy Built 4 stroke weedeater vs Echo 2 stroke weedeater

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by bebyb, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

You know- four legs, horns and/or curly white hair they make clothes out of, craps constantly, some people think tastes good with mint jelly.........

2. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  3. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

It's called a Billy Goat...

4. bebyb

bebyb LawnSite Member

Thanks! I just put that Echo on there as an example. The Home Depot has about 10 different models of Echo trimmers. My max spending limit right now is about $275. Would there be any other Echo models that you would recommend for that price?

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Yea, it's orange in color and called a Husqvarna!:laugh: For $249 at Lowe's you can get the Husky 223L, and it is one sweet trimmer. I love mine, and I use it all the time. Plenty of power for almost any type of grass trimming except really tall, thick weedy crap. It only weighs 9 lbs, has a 24.5 cc engine and 1.01 hp. Best feeding, easiest to load trimmer head I've ever used too (outside of the speedfeed head). To top it all off, it has an outstanding rep for reliability. For another $30 bucks ($279) you can get the even better 323L with the same engine and weight, but 1.2 hp and a solid drive shaft.

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

weedeater is a brand name of cheap trimmers/mowers sold at places like walmart. everyone calls trimmers weedeaters around here though.

hey it doesn't have to be good to make a company money. i bet weedeater has sold more trimmers than any other company out there. they cost about $70 and you probably have to buy 3 of them to last as long as one good commercial $300 trimmer.

7. GRASSMONKEYS

GRASSMONKEYS LawnSite Member

ECHO is definitely the way to go, I have no troubles out of my 2 SRM225's. plenty of power and light. the SRM225 goes for about 200.00 and in my opinion is the best buy. The SRM230 is 289.00 and has a 22.8cc engine compared to the SRM225's 21.2, but of course it is heavier.

I have a like new Troy Built 4 stroke that just sits in my shed, anyone interested I'm in Md. If you don't want to mix gas and want something quieter that's it's positives.

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  10. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Do doubt in my mind Troy Built .I have a MTD/Ryobi 31cc 4 cycle that is 7 years old and it has been awesome I even run it to day and I have 3 Troy Built 29cc 2 are brand new.I am thinking of geting a Honda 35cc 4 cycle to play with.