tru-cut mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobby perez, Jul 22, 2003.

1. bobby perez

bobby perez LawnSite Member

I found a tru-cut mower in the trash with a 6 horse intech OHV engine, Briggs. Never seen this kind of mower up here, it has a sticker from a rental co. in palm beach florida. Is this worth fixing is my question to you guys down south. It has a strange discharge chute.
    Comes out the back angled to the right.also I think it has an aluminum deck. any info would be appreciated. THANK YOU

2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you done an internet search for this name?

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

if it has a deck it's not a reel mower, sounds like an old sensation or jacobsen style with a new engine to me, Can you post a pic??

5. maurader

maurader LawnSite Member

Tru-cut does make two rotary cut mowers. They only show motors up to 5.5 hp though.

c21_01.jpg

6. bobby perez

yea it looks similar to the pic but without the bag. is it worth trying fix and use as a trim mower. this mower is not from these parts of the woods. can you good ole boys point me were to get a bag fer it. Rumor has it that this mower stripes like a bengal tiger and when it mulches it instantly turns to compost.YOU never have to add fuel or sharpen the blade. Is this all TRUE.

7. bobby perez

If you go to the web site that kirby most graciously posted it looks more like the low profile mower that they show. But it does have a 6 horse briggs on it

8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

The picture of the rotary mower looks just like a commercial Honda with Tru cut's name on it. Plus the Honda engine of course.

As for the fantasy predictions, they're just that.

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

The 5.5hp Intek Briggs is often rounded up to 6hp even, so it's probably a 5.5 with a 6 decal.