1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tru Green Chem Lawn Buyout

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GLAWNLLC, Sep 17, 2003.

GLAWNLLC LawnSite Member

My biggest competetor has just been bought out by trugreen chemlawn. I purchased trucks, trailers, small equipment and all his leftover products. I think this may be "big time" money maker for me next season. What does everyone in here think?

2. weedmaster

weedmaster LawnSite Member

Here in Oklahoma people will drop tru-green in a heartbeat.:D
  3. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

It's starting to happen here in N. Fla as well...hate those guys...
  4. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Happening in NJ too. We picked up two decent size condos from Tru Green Land Care this week after they were thrown off the job...
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Cool deal! Sounds promising! If there was a way that you could get an idea of "where some of those addresses are", you could easily sell your way in by explaining to them the benefits of a smaller private - like not using "junk" for product, and more personalized service (you're not just a "hose jockey"). One thing to consider, is that many of these people are going to switch right away, anyway, since many of them have probably already HAD one of these two companies in the past (many have).;) Incidentally, whereabouts are you?