1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

tru green chem lawn $$$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mico Landscaping design, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

did anyone see how much tru green chem lawn grossed last year? at 25,000 employee's they growes 1.4 BILLLION... i wish that was my company DAMNNNNN!!!!! it was in landscape book just incase they ppl out there think there's no money in hahah :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: ;)
  2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

ya and they don't deserve a penny of it....

Ripping of customers and running false advertisements is not a good way to run a business, it doesn't matter how much you make...
  3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Steve, please expand what you mean by that. keep in mind, I'm not a fan of TruGreen either, but I wanted to get your take man
  4. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

They drive me crazy..

I called for a quote on my lawn a year ago (no intent to have them do anything, just wanted to see if they were reasonable)..

1. Nobody ever came out to look at the lawn and he quoted the price right over the phone.

2. Told me they would be doing 8 applications during the course of the year. My lawn is in great shape, no need for more than 3 applications; but NO they are the experts.

3. The branch manager has called me almost EVERYDAY since I called last season asking me if I have changed my mind.

4. They have shown up to spray while I'm working, and have told me to leave.

5. They are spraying water for 5 out of the 8 applications. Smell the lawn when they are done, its water!!

6. They screw customers into signing on for the year after they do one 60-0-0 nitro application. The grass is growing 6-8" per week for the rest of the season, and then the customer blames it on me for not being able to keep up with it (but they only want to pay for weekly, one cut visits)..

There is more, but in general they are great at marketing and screwing people over...
  5. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

that's a lot of what I have heard/seen as well....I have been telling customers of other local fert companies they should switch to when they ask
  6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Yea I saw that list too it's nice to know you only need to make $15,500,000 per year to make the nations top 50 list. Childs play another few months I figure LOL.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

But was there a profit??