1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tru Green Chemlawn Flyer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Charles, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Got a flyer in the mail today. Clemlawn is advertising a "spring treatment special" weed and feed and 14 point lawn analysis for just $24.95 . Now in the fine print they say its just for lawns up to 5000 sq ft hmmmm lol. Any lawn large than that they "have to call for an estimate". The majority of lawns around here are over 5000 sq ft.
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

The old Bait and Switch.

TrueGreen (Service Master) is a profressional marketing company. If you want to increase your business then copy TrueGreen methods of advertising. To Bad they aren't a profressional lawn care company.
  3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

That same flyer here last year was for up to 3,000 sq. ft. LOL

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

They tried it here last year in a neighborhood with 2,000 to 4,000 sq. feet. Get this-$20.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They had very little response. LOL!!!!!!:p
  5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

truegreen gets on my nerves lol. i always get flyers and always see there flags. and you gotta love the numbers in those things lol. oh well part of the business i guess
  6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ah Scottie I can surely under stand why a mature person like yourself gets up set went they get bugged by something popping up in their face all the time. By the way how is your arm? Is it still sore or is it getting stronger.
  7. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

14 point analysis?????........feel bad for those that fall for that crap

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Just today Iw was in a customers drive talking to her when a kid, looked like about 18 years old, walks up to her and gave her the famous 14 point analysis. It was already filled out! It had crabgrass marked as a problem area and this lawn had absolutely no crabgrass in 2001.
    They priced it twice as high as my price. The price was for 13,000 and the lawn was only 8,000.
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I drive by the TGCL headquarters almost daily. The only good thing about it is knowing they are in cash flow problems. :blob3: :D :blob4:
  10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

one of there tech told me ever time they are cash short they cut pay of techs. Maybe that one reason they never keep people long enough to train them.