Tru Green Landcare

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcthorne, Oct 3, 2007.

1. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

These guys are disgustingly cheap. I had to gasp for air when the property manager showed me their monthly invoice for the property maintenance. I immediatlely told them I couldn't and wouldn't try to compete with their prices.

Guess you get what you pay for and they aren't getting much.

Just needed to vent!

2. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

what was the hourly rate ? or price per cut . i know in ca. Sacramento area they are on the high side . here the do all work [mowing,trimming,fertilizing and tree trimming . also they get group insurance and price cuts on equipment . they kill most of the small lawn care owners on commercial stuff around here

3. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

know what you mean dude. there was on business in my town that tried to undercut me on a commercial job. it was ridiculous how low they were. they have like 6 zero turns too. luckily i was able to keep the job though

4. Espacesverts

Espacesverts LawnSite Member

Do they do residential property too?

5. shane mapes

[here in ca. they do .not much but they do

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

saw them today 5 guys on back pack blowers...a little over kill. and they took the bank property from a local company and its never looked the same. it looked gorgeous when this smaller local guy did it. and now they cut it every 8-9 days and so short and miss so much. crappy work.

7. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

We do not have tru green lawn care here but we do have brickman now. A good friend of mine did the Advance auto parts store for years, and he did it pretty cheap too, and it looked awesome all the time. Brickman got it from him somehow and the place looks like doo doo. nothing gets edged, parking lot gets half blown. The place just looks generally unkept.

I feel for the most part people get a lot better product when they use the solo guys or the guy that has a business and just a helper or two because each job is like their signature. Its a shame the way the industry is turning.

8. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i had the same thing happen to me this spring. They took 3 commercial restaurants from me that i had all nice and green for a couple years with great edging and they came in offering $15.00 per cut including free blow outs in the fall.
    I was charging the $40.00 for each.

Now i laugh when i seem them with clumps, burnt edges and weeds everywhere.
    I did get the bid already signed for next year though as the owners were upset. i got pics if people wanna see the poor job they do.

they also used to fertilize a yard of mine until i got the homeowner to fire them as they tried to blame me who mows for have brown circles threw the yard to the curb even though it was from their permagreen. they were saying it was my mower. idiots.

9. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes , definatelt want to see pics. Thanks

10. shane mapes

yea i would like to see pics of the poor sevice this company deos