TRU-GREEN or a small lawn company?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Norm Al, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

a "SMALL lawn" company got fired from our development here in DALLAS because of crappy work (it was crappy and they kept PADDING the extras on their invoices every month),,,,,,the SMALL company didnt do the lawn the last week (2 weeks ago) because they were MAD about losing the contract as they were making GREAT money not doing much. They NEVER had an english speaking person on the job to communicate with so the owner would always get the complaints and of course would NEVER fix any of the homeowners concerns.

so trugreen landcare starts last week,,,,,,,they mowed the lawn once and it was HIGH after 2 weeks,,,,,they had 3 english speaking white people, 1 woman (UGLY) and 2 guys,,,,,,they decided at the end of the day that because the lawn was so tall that they were not happy with the cut and look of the lawn (which i thought looked ok, in my small company mind),,,,,,so today they come back all 3 english speaking people with an army of mexicans and push mow the whole place all over again just so the lawn looked like it should. FOR NO extra charge!

i was blown away,,,,,if your a small mowing company, sharpen your skilz and customer service if you want to be a player in the mowing bidness!

would you have done that for no charge for a customer?

2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

If you felt you cut it and it looked pretty poor, I hope you would do it again at no charge. I know if someone cut my lawn, it looked pretty bad and came back the next day and cut and then billed me for it, I would probably drop kick there ass down the block, or piss on the 2nd bill, either way.

3. mpblass

mpblass LawnSite Member

I'm with Davis on this one. If it looked like crap after they were done then they should have gone over it again at no extra charge.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes, I would, your work is your advertisment.

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Agree with Mike.

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Absolutely I would re do a bad cut for Free!

7. furball3

furball3 LawnSite Member

I keep spare blades with me so if I do start to give a bad cut I stop, change blades & mow again. (I mow a lot of heavily tree'd lots with lots of small branches to eat up blades)

If at the end of a mow I look back and dont like it I will do it again in a heartbeat.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

tell me again norm, JUST WHY DID YOU GET FIRED? was it the crappy work, or the padding of the bill?

9. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That is freakin hilarious Bobby. LOL BIG TIME...:p

10. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have fixed fences for free and even mowed alwns for free just to do that extra something and keep accounts, it all matters believe me and you know its just your time and if you dont do that extra something then you spend alot of your time looking for new accounts when you lose that one