1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tru-Green serviced my lawn....I am not a customer!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mac43rn, Mar 24, 2004.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I want to start this out by saying I do not work in the Lawn Care Business. However, I love taking care of my own lawn. I have about 3/4 acre lot, 36" exmark tthp with proslide and I use Lesco products for my own lawn. Last year I applied 4lbs of N and run into some trouble with some fungus. This year I decided to put down 0-0-7 with dimension and I will not put down any N until late may (by the way I live in Southern IN). I have recently taken a new job I am in a hotel for at least one night a week. Therefore, all the more reason I don't want to use Nitrogen in the spring, too much lush growth. Now for the story. I come home today and I see a tru-green flag in my yard with a receipt on my door. They applied 17-2-5 1lb N in Liquid form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The receipt was for my neighbor. In addition they also applied barricade at 1/2 rate. After "talking" to the manager (talking = me chewing his ass and him listening), they informed me they now do split applications. He also stated, that there is no such thing as too much Pre M. I explained to him that I am not your average customer and do believe there is a such thing as too much Pre M. However, I do not know much about barricade. I put down 0-0-7 at .18 AI and had planed on doing this again in late May. My question is, should I do this again, or hold off since Tru-green put down the barricade? Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

look on the bright side.. YOur lawn will be very green.......for free.
  3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Call the manager and tell him your dog just died and your taking it for an autopsy. It appears to have died from eating something. Then an hour later get a friend to call and pretend to be the vet and say you found traces of barricare in the dogs stomach. It will be good for a laugh later.
  4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

^^^^^Now that's funny. sounds like something I would do.
  5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

First I'm not sure why they are doing splits with Barracade.

As for the problem I would DEMAND preventive and curitive fungicide treatments, not asking DEMAND it. There is really not much they can do now, but it's your lawn and their mistake. I would demand granular fungicide applications and to be there when they do them, that way their is no BS about if it is applied or not, granular you can see.

Also, if you are having fungus problems consider next year doing your Dimension in 0-0-7 and using an rganic such as Sustane, remember the lawn still needs food....
  6. johnbast3

johnbast3 LawnSite Member

You will be OK with the amount of pre m apllied.I would still go with your plan in early June.
  7. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a problem with a pesticide application done on your property by others working for hire, in the state of Indiana the pesticide licensing authority is the Office of the Indiana State Chemist.

They will gladly help you in any case of a suspected improper application of pesticides. And they have the knowledge to give you correct answers for your own situation, or direct you to capable state offices or personnel who do have your answers.
  8. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

I do not use Barracade any more great stuff works real good TO GOOD. I have had problems reseeding in fall Barracade stays around to long. If you plane to reseed you may have a problem.
  9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

You might be interested in some of the information in the organic section on corn meal [I believe it's meal?] as a nitrogen source and fungicide.
  10. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

So do you recommend I go ahead a put down another .18 of dimension in late May. I have already put down the first batch of 0-0-7 .18 AI, but I am affraid the added barricade will casue damage due to the large amounts of PREM. Thanks for all the responses.