1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tru Green won't be spraying on breezy days for awhile

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, May 10, 2002.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

A little Orthene in the morning, yummy.

They should make a buck or two...
  3. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

I certianly don't mind heraing about TGCL being in trouble, but the sad part of all this is the inaccuarte negative publicity that this gives to the whole industry.

Even though this was a tree spraying situation, the article continually refered to lawn care.

Whenever these companies make these inappropriate applications, they give all of us a bad name. Here in our area, a company made an application at an elementary school while the kids were out for recess. No wonder the Feds want to eliminate all pesticide applications from schools. We have treated schools etc for years. We always do those applications early on Sunday mornings when there is the least likelihood of anyone being around. A little common sense goes a long way.

TGCL is notorious for staying out when it is too windy. Their people don't want to stop because it affects thier compensation. If one of my techs stops because it is too windy, I don't question them, I put them to work doing something else, send them to help an irrigation or landscape crew.

Doug Austreim
    Austreim Landscaping